Tuesday 26 February 2008

KEEPING BEES

Two chaps got chatting in a pub. After a while, one said to the other, "So what do you do for a living then mate?"

"I'm a beekeeper," replied his new-found friend.

"You're joking! Really? That's amazing. I'm a beekeeper too. I never met another beekeeper before," said the first apiarist.

"You're a beekeeper too? Well I never did. How many bees have you got then?" Beekeeper 2 enquired.

"I've got 300,000 bees in six hives," came the reply.

"300,000 hey? 6 hives you say? Not bad. That's a canny number," the questioner acknowledged.

"So how many bees do you have?" He was asked in return.

"I have a million bees," was his response.

"A million! Wow! How many hives do you have?" The first Beekeeper asked further.

"I have one hive," came the rather surprising answer.

"What?!? A million bees and only one hive?" The first beekeeper looked astonished and spat out a bit of his beer.

"Yeh. Fuck 'em! They're only bees," the million-bee-aire said in a matter of fact tone.



Share on Facebook

No comments: