Tuesday 26 February 2008

INDIRECT

My esteemed colleague Tomasz Ondrusz, an inspirational Polish gentleman who moved to Britain during the height of the Cold War and who is now one of our leading slalom skiers (for what that is worth in Britain), recently went on a trip to Saskatchewan in Canada, and just happened to have been there at the right time to attend the annual Open House of the Lieutenant Governor.

He described this figure to me as the direct representative in Saskatchewan of Her Majesty The Queen of Canada.

That got me thinking. Does the Queen also, therefore, have an indirect representative? A chap or chapess who goes round dropping subtle hints on Her Maj's behalf but never getting straight to the point in the way that Mister Barnhart does?

Thinking about it, I know I put 'chap or chapess' up there, but I think this particular role would be much better suited to a member of the female sorority.

Share on Facebook

No comments: