Wednesday 27 February 2008

BEAUTY

One of my friends recently posted a video to my Facebook wall which was made by the Dove Campaign For Real Beauty.

You can see the excellent video that my friend sent me here.



Please take a couple of minutes to watch it before reading on.

The funny thing is, even at the end, that woman isn't attractive at all to me. The same would go for a lot of models and celebrities and I'm fairly sure I am not atypical. A lot of men would much prefer the 'girl next door' in real life.

Yet women and especially young girls aspire to that and it it so damaging. They are aspiring to be something nobody really wants them to be and something that they can never achieve. Destroying their self-esteem and their health in the process. Two things that are crucial if a woman wants to be truly attractive.

As a father of two young girls I sincerely hope that something changes before they get old enough to be seriously affected by the media distortion.

A lot more excellent information is available on the Dove Campaign For Real Beauty website.

Thanks again, Bee.



Share on Facebook

No comments: