Wednesday 27 February 2008

ANIMALS

Here's another amusing coversation that I had with my daughters one day:-

ME: What is your favourite animal?

LOTTIE: I like all animals.

ME: What, even wasps?

LOTTIE: Wasps aren't animals.

ME: Really? How do you know they aren't?

LOTTIE: They don't have any fur.

ME: But what about elephants? They aren't furry.

LOTTIE: Animals have eyes.

ME: Does that mean that a worm isn't an animal?

ERIN: Anyway, we have eyes and we aren't animals.

ME: We aren't? Why do you think we aren't animals?

ERIN: We just aren't! We're us.

ME: Why not? I think we might be animals.

ERIN: Animals have four legs and we have 2.

ME: What about chickens?

We continued in this fashion for some time. At the end of it, I don't think there was any firm conclusion about how one decides what is an animal and what isn't. Please leave your suggestions in a comment.



Share on Facebook

No comments: