Saturday 15 March 2008

JUSTICE PART 2

In my previous musing on Justice, I told of the problems I have had maintaining a regular relationship with my beautiful daughters. Tonight I have just watched a video sent to me by Gail, which moved me to tears within seconds.

You can see the video here.



In summary, Steve Moseley's daugher, Savanah-Jade, has been taken to live in Australia by her mother and her new husband. It was against the Steve and his family's wishes. The mother and her new partner promised under oath that she would let Savanah keep regular contact with her real father Steve and left a phone number and PO Box address with him.

The mobile number is now disconnected and there has been no reply to the many letters sent to the PO Box address.

Steve now has no idea where Savanah is and neither he nor any of his family has had any contact with her since September 2007.

I have not seen my daughters in just under two weeks because their mother is once again being deliberately obstructive. It is hard for me to explain just how much it hurts to be without them for that length of time. For just two weeks. If it carries on for much longer, I normally start being physically sick every day.

So you can probably imagine why the story told in the video fills me with a burning sense of injustice. I consider what the mother has done to be child abuse. I consider her decision to go to Australia in the first place to be child abuse, even if she had not broken contact.

Why do I think this? Because she has removed a fundamental human right from her own daughter. The right to be able to see her real father and paternal extended family when she chooses to. The mother has no right to remove this choice. It seems clear from the photographs in the video that Savanah loves her father and other relatives. But even if he is not the perfect father, she should still have the choice. After all, who is perfect? Putting a barrier of 9,000 miles between Savanah and that choice is very wrong in my view.



Completely cutting contact as they have done fills me with passionate anger and a strong desire to help this girl get her rights back.

If you don't have children, just think about this. When I don't see my daughters for three weeks or more, it is so painful that I start to throw up every single day. Steve has not seen his daughter since September 2007. He doesn't know if he ever will again. He is fighting hard to get a message to her, to make sure she does not grow up thinking that her daddy did not love her.

I cannot imagine how difficult that must be for him. I salute his courage and strength in fighting this injustice.

Share on Facebook

No comments: