Sunday 4 January 2009

RESOLUTION

On Christmas day I went to see my daughters who were spending the day with their mum. I spent about an hour with them that day, before collecting them on Boxing Day for the rest of the holidays. While I was with them on Christmas day, I noticed that my almost 5-year-old daughter Lottie had written something on her leg with a felt pen.

It said: "LOVE PEEPL"

When I asked her what it said, Lottie confirmed what message I suspected her not yet perfect spelling was meant to convey.

"Did someone tell you to write that?" I asked her.

"No, I thought of it myself," Lottie assured me.

"Why do you think we should love people?" I enquired further.

"Because it feels nice," Lottie replied with a tone which indicated she thought that ought to be quite obvious to everyone.

I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to benefit from Lottie's pure innocent wisdom and in that moment, my new year's resolution for 2009 was sorted out! :-)

No comments: