Wednesday 5 November 2008

OLD BAG

I went to Sainsbury's the other day. For those of you in The New World, it's one of UK's major supermarket chains.

When I went through the checkout, the cashier gave me a free fridge magnet which had on it the instruction "TAKE AN OLD BAG SHOPPING"

Now, I think it is commendable to encourage our citizens to think about others, and shopping can be very heavy, especially if you are enjoyng your golden years and live a long way from the store.

But surely they could have have used a more polite turn of phrase.

2 comments:

meili_lo said...

hi.. saw ur comment in One Minute Writer and it was cute =) having a whole worl that's YELLOW..hihi

anyway, I thought you might be interested in sharing your answer to my survey questions in my blog. would really appreciate it if you visit and post a comment:

http://shewritesyouwrite.blogspot.com/

thanks!

Big Pete said...

Thanks for dropping by, meili_lo. I will write something when one of your questions sparks something in my mind. :-)